Monday, January 28, 2013

Tiger Sushi & Odd Couples

I have been sicker than a dog, I am trying to catch up on all things....here's a start.

Mike over at Nomo's Sushi Platter sent me some cards in the mail today to complete a little trade.  The cards coming this way.

A couple of cards got me thinking of unlikely pairings.  This is nothing new for a card to feature multiple prospects with a very small few becoming stars.  I am sure Josh Quattlebaum never expected his rookie to be so valuable! Paired up with a you Edwin Encarnacion.



Everyone is dying for this Quattlebaum rookie!

Another pairing sent by Spiegel was Tigers future stud (then dud) Eric Munson with Tigers killer "Pronk" Travis Hafner 


One of my favorite players growing up was Gary Sheffield, I emulated his batting stance, crushing home runs in the 7th grade summer league.  It's been ironic that many players that I enjoyed as a youth eventually ended up with the Tigers, Sheffield and Pudge come to mind.  


A couple of Cabrera's


Also helped the Nothing But Tigers binder with this Les Moss




Looks like Robert got his cards in the mail, he wrote about it here.

Throzul also had some updates for the cardboard I sent him here and here.

Slug some more Nyquil, chicken noodle, and post about it.

Keep it hot on the corner, pat.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you liked the odd player combos that Topps included. Thanks for the trade.

    ReplyDelete