Sunday, January 6, 2013

3,116 Tigers on the Wall

This week saw the last of the big holiday purchases to get into the collection.

I wanted some unique items, so I did some searching.

Leading off, The Trammell of the week was a 1981 Kellogg's 3-D Superstar!


This card didn't have much cardboard but the "3D" makes it pretty cool, which brings my Trammell collection to 154.

Second addition this week was a handful of dime box grabs from the LCS and a large amount of 1971 Topps Tigers.  A major effort will be put forth to complete this team set the first part of the year.



Third spot, was adding some cards I had as a kid and haven't found yet.  I had the 1975 mini Al Kaline (I believe my Aunt gave this to me for a gift) Nowhere to be found.  So I snagged the regular for one of my Christmas adds.  I always liked Kaline, mostly as a broadcaster growing up along Hall of Famer George Kell.  He has been invaluable to the franchise.  
Cleaining Up,  was the 2008 Upper Deck Documentary team set ( read: 164 cards, one for every game of 2008, plus a season summary, plus an All-Star Card of Carlos Guillen).  I really liked the concept of having an individual card representing each game of the season.  I am sure a very labor intensive task, I was wrong. The first 100 cards has ten players, in order, with the same photo.  



Then it moves into groups of three of the same player every 15-20 cards, so essentially the same card, over and over again.  I will take some to review the season, maybe for some bed time reading (on second thought this team was supposed to score 1,000 runs and started out 0-7, and finished in the cellar!)

Cabby did move into second place with "Sweet Lou" Whitaker, in my all-time player collection with his 40+ cards in the collection.




The home run of the holiday season was the card I always wanted as a kid, but I will leave that for another post this week.

All kinds of trades pouring in should make for a busy week.

Remember to enter the ND Title Game giveaway. ROLLL TIDE!

Keep it Hot on the corner, pat.

No comments:

Post a Comment