Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013: The Year of the Hot Corner

Well I may as well join in the fun, here's my 2013 goals, hopes, dreams, & wishes:

1. Blog About It - I had about 40 some posts in the last quarter of 2012, so to keep pace, I hope to hit 200 posts by the end of December 2013.

2. New Most Wanted: I have all of my most wanted cards when I set this up in September based on what I wanted as a kid, so now I am going to have decide what it is I really would like to have.  More Trammell perhaps?  Autos & Relics?  More to come here.



3. Attend the National: My sister just moved to Chicago and I am hoping to get to the National scene this summer.

4. More Tigers: Hitting 3,000 in close 4 months of collecting was a tall order.  I am sure I will not keep pace, however, let's try and hit 6,000 by August.  I need to put a big dent in the 1994-2009 era

5.  Binder Up! - I need to get my favorite players (past and present) outside of the Tigers realm organized and properly taken care of.  Jeter, McGwire, Chad Billingsley & Chris Carpenter (former students!!!) will be the first in the binder keep.

I played college football with Chad's brother at Defiance College from 1999-2002 and Chad was in my American Government class during my pre-service teaching at Defiance HS.
Chris was in my US History class during my student teaching in Bryan, OH.  Chris was also a rival of my cousin's while Carpenter pitched at Kent State and my cousin at Central Michigan.

6. Football? : I need to move my football cards. I spent all afternoon today organizing my 1989 Pro Set collection (still need 4 cards, send me a trade).  I have 1990 Pro Set that needs to go in a binder.  Then it's a binder up for Montana, Rice, Barry, Emmitt, Cowboys, Lions, Bo, etc, then the rest gotta go, and we're talking cheap trading folks.  Less football means More Tigers!

7. More of a rule/guideline than a goal:

  • Only "Free Shipping" on eBay
  • A trade a week?
  • More boxes, less packs
  • I am sure more later....
It's been a fun jump into the deep end of baseball card blogging, great experience so far and can't wait to keep it up in 2013.

Keep it Hot on the Corner, pat.

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome that you have two former students in the majors! I've taught 1st and 5th grade, so I'll have to wait a bit longer to see if any of them become professional athletes, but I'm not holding my breath so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned the hard way when I attended the National this year.

    Expect the unexpected. Bring all of your lists, and don't be surprised to see stuff there that you thought you wouldn't see.

    I went for 2 days and LOVED it, and can't wait to do it again in 2014. Best of luck with your collections this year, I'm sure you and I will be in touch.

    ReplyDelete