Tuesday, October 2, 2012

This Just In...


Headed up to my favorite (and only) card shop today and came home with:

  • 1986 Topps vending 500 count box
  • 28 (.25) cards (Curtis Granderson 2008 A&G, )
  • a Justin Thompson Detroit Tigers card for a dime
  • 1991 Bowman SLUGGERS set w/ Rod Carew 5 card set
I pulled a Roger Clemens, Pete Rose, Tony Gwynn, Cal Ripken, Tom Seaver, Cecil Fielder (RC), and several Tigers out of the vending box. Cards were really sold out of vending machines?  What a great deal!
  
This summer I sorted out all my Topps from boxes and found that most of 1986 ( a hard card to keep mint anyway with those black top border) all rounded off.  As I recall, I was about six when I started collecting cards and sure enough that is probably why these cards took such a beating, but I am sure I got my (or my parent's) money's worth in entertainment.

I would say that of the 1980s sets my favorite would be 1984, 1985, and 1986.

Should you want to build a team(s) set out of the 1986 set let me know to set up a trade.

No comments:

Post a Comment