Saturday, October 20, 2012

Trading Tuesday

I went out to another hobby store in the greater Lansing area for "Trade Night".  I really didn't know what to expect but I was pretty excited to see what it was all about.

When I got to the store, there was only two workers and two customers huddled around the counter.  The kid had just pulled an RG3 auto!  I introduced myself and announced I was willing to trade.  I have been combing through my football cards and trying to get rid of them.  The older customer pulled out a Molson Canadian soft pack cooler filled with autos and relic cards.  Unfortunately, mostly football and only one Tiger.

I searched through it all and he piled up the football that he wanted.

So I found  a 2011 Topps Chrome Trevor Bauer Auto Refractor Blue RC....


...and this Denny McLain Limited Auto



I gave up 2002 Topps Football Michael Vick, Drew Brees, and (2) LaDainian Tomlinson Rookies.
I wrestled with the trade, please comment on the deal.

My very first auto that I got in person was from Denny McLain back in the late 1980s or early 1990s at a card show (possibly the Detroit Auto Show), so coming full circle back to the hobby Denny is aquired in my first adult trade.

I am going to make a regular habit of getting out to the Lansing Mall and make more trades, who knows, maybe I will get back into football.

Speaking of other trades I sent about 300 Blue Jays to Robert at $30 Habit a week and looking forward to what he sends back my way!

Keep it hot on the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment