At the end of the year I made a couple realizations that I needed to pare down so goals as I had gotten sidetracked along the way in 2013 (read: Jeff Keppinger rainbow chase, why? I don't know)
So here we are 2014, and as I reflected back on an outstanding 2013, I recall that '14 is a powerful anniversary throughout my life.
1984 - Tigers win World Series, Alan Trammell WS MVP
1994 - Baseball strike, lose interest in baseball in all forms
2004 - regain interest in Tigers
2014 - ???
So here are the Hot Corner Goals for 2014
1. The latest project to collect any graded Alan Trammell Gem Mint 10 cards. I would like to add 12 by year's end.
1a. Get up to 300 Alan Trammell cards (I think I am at 215)
1b. get 12 Memorabilia cards (I have very little High End, I'll wade in the water here)
2. Obtain 1984 Topps Tigers team set autos ( I have Rick Leach!)
3. Complete flagship, Archives, & Hertiage base sets
4. Start the 1987 Tigers team set auto collection (I Have Tom Brookens)
5. Get within 50 for the Nothing But Tigers frankenset
6. Boost the overall Tigers collection to 9,000 by year's end
7. Off the wall here, some kind of binder collection of NFL QBs, I have no idea why, football was my love after breaking up with baseball in 1994, I was a RB --- but have little interest in those players other than Barry, Bo, and Emmitt.
8. Continue sending out a PWE a week
9. 400 posts (a little over 200 now, I have some work to do)
10, Collect, not accumulate....enjoy the hobby to it's fulllest.
10a. Share the hobby, trade with local folks
10b. Stolen from $30 A Week Robert, purchase majority from LCS
11. Attend the National in Cleveland
11a. Meet a blogger (2x3 Hero road trip?)
12. Get to another ballbark --- White Sox, Indians, Twins all in contention here
14. RESTOE THE ROAR --- Tigers win World Series, Prince Fielder endures his worst season as a pro changes number from 84 to Zero, Justin Verlander, Anibal Sanchez, and Max Scherzer share Cy Young, Nick Castellanos is the AL Rookie of the Year, Cabrera hits .433, 80 HRS, 220 RBIs for another MVP season, Mr. Ilitch hires Hot Corner Cards as a Senior VP of something, Avisail Garcia becomes a Tiger again somehow and Tigers allowed to play 4 outfielders at a time, you get the idea!.
Keep it Hot on the Corner, pat.