Sunday, June 2, 2013

A Handful Makes 6,000

When I made the goal of reaching 6,000 Tigers by October, that was quite generous.  Now I was very aggressive in pursuing several lots of Tigers on ebay, getting in on some blogger drafts, a couple of box breaks, and here you have it. SIX THOUSAND.


The Detroit News put out a commemorative set in 1981 celebrating 100 years of Tigers baseball of 135 cards.  I had been eyeing this set for some time and wanted to commemorate my goal of 6,000 by making the purchase when I was in closing distance.  As always (at least for me) I had some cards not accounted for that pushed the number up on June 1 to 6.089.

I had been scouring the local retail stores for Archives this weekend and finally got a tip from This Way to the Clubhouse that Super Wal-Mart would have some, sure enough and 2 Blasters and 6 rack packs later, I had my fill of archives, love these sets especially 1985 and for some reason 1990 (prolly cause I was 5 and 10 at those points and the peak of my collecting)

I PULLED A TIM SALMON (ARCHIVES) AUTO AND A JESUS MONTERO RELIC (HERITAGE) AND A NICK MARONDE (GYPSY) AUTO AND WOULD LIKE TO TRADE THEM.  I PREFER TO TRADE AUTO FOR AUTO AND RELIC FOR RELIC.  PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT IF INTERESTED.

Now just because you or I have a certain quantity of cards doesn't mean it's quality.  If you were to knock my collection it would be this: several holes in the team set variety.


A couple of highlights this week....
I am not much of a repack warrior, but this was definitely a treat to pull.



That's going to be the focus for me heading forward, to fill up those Swiss chesse team sets and make them whole.  Sounds like some touchy-feely psych session.  Maybe this is therapy....

Keep it Hot on the Corner, pat.


No comments:

Post a Comment